Monday, December 22, 2008

Why this blog ?

Hi,

My name is Bruno and I am a french modeler leaving in Paris, France.

Being a modeler for very long, I have interest "phasis" that are looping from ship or plane modeling to miniatures. I am currently at the beginning of yet another new wargaming miniature phasis. As I searched for 15mm austrian napoleonics review I found MacPhee's Miniature blog in front of which I dreamed during most of past evening. So, I decided to create my own.

Why ? Simply because it is very hard to find reviews of lead 15mm miniatures and manufacturer's sites such as Old Glory 15 do not provide picture. During the past 20 years I have built a lot of armies. I still have some of theim, and even if not playing any-more (not yet at least), I regret not to have kept them all. I plan to review the miniatures I have and share my new creations on this blog, and that will not only cover miniatures.

Coming back to the historical wargaming figure after a 5+ years break, I also have the sad feeling that this hobby is somewhat struggling in the way I knew it. Some new areas are better covered (especially WWII), but prices of miniatures are crazy, and it is very difficult to find them now (at least in France which I am from). I will also talk about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment