Saturday, August 1, 2009

Victrix plastics 28mm : English inf. 1815

Hi again,

Here are some pics of 28mm Victrix's plastics. Those are from their waterloo english infantery box, center comapnies. Those 52 miniatures boxes can be found at 25 Euros (in France)... no comment.
I have assembled and painted 40 of them, but only based 32 of them. Reason is I am waiting for their flank companies I ordered past week to complete the batallion.

Despite what can be read elsewhere I had no issue with assembly, and did not find it to long or fading. However I made a mistake. I make all the assembly wishing to have as much different positions as possible, but did not care about the foot print that the miniatures would have. At basing time, I thought "ooops...", because basing them on a 1.5 cms per mini. ratio was not that easy. As well, I did not pay attention to the companies homogeneity, so I know that for next boxes I will build miniatures by selecting companies global attitude, so per 4 minature rather than gluing anything at a time, doing positions experiments and all that stuff as a mad dog...


About painting I also made a lot of experiment, using a mix of plain painting, magic wash and block painting I am not very happy with, but well... I'm in the beginning of my 28mm fast paint area, so I will do better next time...


Obvious to say there will be other boxes. So far I am waiting for 5 of them : Flank companies, Higlanders ( centre + flank) and also some 1807-1812 frenchs... After those close to 300 miniatures, I hope I will have somewhat improve my techniques in 28mm...

(fr) Voici quelques images de l'infanterie anglaise - 1815 de Victrix en 28mm. Ce sont des figurines plastiques que l'on trouve à 25 Euros en France pour 52 figurines... no comment... J'ai assemblé toutes les figs, et en ai peint 40. Seules 32 sont soclées pour l'instant, vu que j'attends les compagnies de flanc pour compléter ce premier bataillon.

Contrairement à ce que l'on peut lire parfois, je n'ai eu aucun problème lors de l'assemblage, et irai même jusqu'à dire que ça a été un moment de détente, un peu long, mais agréable. Par contre, j'ai commis une erreur en assemblant toute les figs d'un seul coup. J'ai voulu obtenir atant de positions différentes que possible sans réfléchir à l'homogénéité de l'unité ni à l'occupation au sol des figurines.

Lorsque j'ai voulu socler le tout j'ai compris mon erreur. En plus de devoir couper les socles, j'ai du ruser pour faire tenir chaque figurine dans 1.5 cm de front, et l'ensemble n'est pas vraiement très homogène. Je le saurais pour la prochaine fois et assemblerais les figurines par compagnies (4 figs à la fois) plutot que de me jeter comme un chien fou sur les grappes, ma pince coupante dans une main et le tube de colle dans l'autre, cherchant à faire des pièces uniques aux positions parfois ubuesques lorsque soclées en unité...


Coté peinture, toujours des expérience. Cette fois ci, j'ai essayé un magic wash sur couleur de bases, puis un peu de block painting, mais je n'aime pas trop le résultat. Débutant en fastpaint 28mm normal d'avoir quelques désillusions, mais bon, je ferais mieux la prochaine fois.

En commande, j'attends 5 boites Victrix : 2 francais 1807-1812, 1 compagnie de flanc anglaise 1815, 2 Highlanders (1 comp. centre + 1 comp. flanc). Après ces presque 300 figurines, je devrais faire quelques progrès... Enfin, j'espère...







4 comments:

  1. Hi Bruno,
    Both the British and French figures look great, I only wish I could do as well.
    Bonne chance!

    John

    http://fuentesdeonoro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jam,
    Thanks for your encouragements, with 5 more Victrix boxes to arrive soon I think I could need them...
    ... if I want to make them all before they issue the old guard ;-)

    Cheers,

    Bruno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get the help you need with simple cms to create an easy website design that will allow you to update new content cms to your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your miniatures look amazing, wonderful painting skills
    Cheers
    kent

    ReplyDelete