Tuesday, January 12, 2021

As time goes on... (Part 2 - some 6mm stuff)

Let's use my lunch break to share a second post.

I tried 6mm miniatures long ago.
I liked that scale very much from day 1 I discovered it.

I ordered, from time to time some units and packs, initially for collection/fun.
I then quickly started to play them with short solo games, requiring no more than 50x70 cms space as I reduced standard rules scale.

Then, from year to year I slowly extended my troops, and finally get nuts about 6 mm.

Those are really cute, fast and easy to paint despite what one could think if he have not tried yet.

Also, they are wonderful on your table, should it be for mass effect, if you have room for that, or to play short games at reduced scale in a limited space that is mostly my case.

Finally, they have a very good price/quality ratio.

I've finally gone with Baccus miniature, and am really happy with them.

Acceleration occurred one year and a half ago. I was in vacations, bringing with me my "survival kit". That was meaning brushes, paints and a good load of miniatures.

It was one bag more in the family car, but we somewhat survived that. ;-)

Back from vacations, end of July 2019, I had painted (and varnished) a good number of strips. It was the first time since years I had not done somewhat mass painting, and it was good to feel.


Here they were at that time, straight out of my luggage :



Then I based them...

I did some french line and light infantry, lancers of the line and the guard, dragoons, chasseurs and cuirassiers. Also, I started some Brunswick and English infantry, cavalry, artillery and command as well. (I only had Austrians and Prussians from the allied side at that time).

Then it extended a bit in time...

Here is the main part of my current collection as it looked few days ago.

 


Initially I tried different base formats, but the one that suites me better for about 1 year is 6 minis on 2 ranks for infantry, 2 minis on 1 rank for cavalry. All bases are 1.5x1.5 cms.

Rules I use are amended General de Brigade and more recently General d'Armee, where an infantry battalion is between 3 and 5 bases.

For 2021 I plan completing my Prussians with some more infantry Line and Landwehr, Uhlans and more command. I also plan adding some British guard or elite troops, and when it will be possible (due to Covid cart closing) ordering and starting a Russian Brigade or two.

I will follow up on that in later posts.

Cheers and stay safe !

Bruno.

No comments:

Post a Comment