Sunday, January 10, 2021

As time goes on... (part one)

It's so long I did not update that blog...


Reasons are quite numerous, but this is not the real topic.
The real topic is what have been done all those years I did not see moving forward, and what is next.

In fact, I believe most of us have, at some time, some lowering in their motivation for sharing or even modeling, should it be due to job, social, family, health or pandemic context.

However, when being passionate about something, one never totally leave and will always get back to its roots at a time.

During those quite 9 years, I never left miniatures and modeling away, otherwise I would have lost my mind.

I went on painting (oil/watercolor), Zinnfiguren (roots again),  did some modeling (plastic and wood) but quite abandoned 15mm war-gaming. There are two reasons there. First one is I lacked room, second is that I was deeply disgusted by some providers as I wanted to extend my punic war-gaming stuff.

However, in parallel I went 6mm, back on my preferred period, meaning napoleonics.

At the very beginning of that year I made a status about what I did in that area.
I also questioned myself about motivation, objectives and ways moving forward.

In next post I will share about his.

First, about 6mm miniatures, and army corps I built so far.
Then about my projects for 2021, as one always need to have projects to move forward.
Also, I will probably extend to zinnfiguren (I really enjoy now and that is a pure oxygen bowl) or some other non war-gaming modeling stuff.

As you will notice, even if not my natural language, this blog will be exclusively written in english, there won't be any French parallel translation anymore. It costs too much time that is finally not justified.

Cheers to all, an happy new year, stay safe (important) and tuned (eventually).

Bruno.

No comments:

Post a Comment